Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Music for Change

Keep It Oldskool Presents
"Change" Music over the years


Curtis Mayfield "Right on  for the side of darkness" 1974
I am blind and I cannot see
You are there, your petty evil don't bother me
Playing all the clothes you wear
Laugh at me, pressed and clean, and I don't care..



Isley Brothers "Fight the Power" 1975
Time is truly wastin’, there’s no guarantee, yeah
Smile is in the makin’, we;ve got to fight the powers that be
Got so many voices, saying all the same, yeah
Killing up all around me, faces full of pain......



Marvin Gaye "Inner City Blues"(Make me wanna holler) 1971
Rockets, moon shots Spend it on the have nots 
Money, we make it Fore we see it you take it.....



Stevie Wonder "Black Man" 1976
First man to die
For the flag we now hold high  
Was a black man



Public Enemy "Fight the Power 1989
Elvis was a hero to most
But he never meant sh** to me you see
Straight up racist that sucker was
Simple and plain
Motherf***  him and John Wayne




Stop the Violence Movement 
  "Self Destruction 1989


Well, today's topic, self destruction
It really ain't the rap audience that's buggin
It's one or two suckas, ignorant brothers
Trying to rob and steal from one another




No comments:

Post a Comment