Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Let me put you on.

Did you know

 
Everyone knows that Jay Z got his start with Jaz O. Everyone knows that at some point Jay Z started " hanging with Kane" (Ether verse) But did you know that it was Jaz O who unknowingly set it all in motion? Did you know Big Daddy Kane decided to take a onetime rival's star pupil under his wing? In a interview he did last September Kane describes the meeting

“Jaz-O was more popular than me in Brooklyn before we had deals and I couldn’t have that. I’ve always wanted to battle Jaz. Fresh Gordon wanted me to do a mixtape with Jaz. So Shirt Kings asked me to do it and I was like ‘If there could be a battle.’ He [responded] ‘Yeah, yeah yeah.’ So I’m [thinking] finally I get to battle Jaz. So I go there and Gordon tells me nah. I just want ya’ll to do a tape together. We were already there so I’m like ‘Alright cool.’ And Jaz was cool. He was [real] cool. Jaz [asked] ‘Yo, do you mind if my man rhymes on it?’ I’m like aight. We all did it. Afterwards on the ride back home, Shirt Kings was like ‘Jaz isn’t with EMI anymore. We’re trying to get him a new deal. You think you could [help out]?’ And I [responded] ‘To be honest with you, I kinda like the skinny, light skinned nigga better. Can you plug me with him?’ And that’s how me and Jay got cool and we started rocking.”
Full Interview is here 
http://weuponit.com/2013/09/30/big-daddy-kane-talks-meeting-jay-z-and-why-he-wanted-to-help-him-early-on/

No comments:

Post a Comment