Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Keep you steppin

   VIDEO OF THE DAY 



K.O.S Tidbit: Did  you know that this song was written for Rakim? Yes the greatest MC of all time. It seems that in the middle of doing his latest album Rakim hit writers block. Lyor Cohen (DEF JAM) asked Search to write something for Rakim. Guess how that went over? Search stated in interview "Lyor has me in his office and calls Eric B and says (heavily accented) Eric ..Search has written Rakim a song and it's a hit. tell him Search" Search  says "The next thing I hear is a dial tone and the next instant Lyor's secretary says Mr Cohen I have Eric B on line 2. Eric begins to cuss Lyor out and state emphatically HE IS RAKIM NOBODY WRITES FOR RAKIM  after that I changed a few words and kept it for me and Pete"



No comments:

Post a Comment