Thursday, September 12, 2013

OLDSKOOL NEWS

 

 

Dj Mr. Cee former DJ for Big Daddy Kane resigns from Hot 97 New York Radio Station

"It's almost like the Anthony Weiner thing," the DJ told Billboard of the accusations against him. "There are people out there who don't have my interest at heart."

Mister Cee, a 20-year veteran DJ of New York's Hot 97 (WQHT), has resigned from the station after a YouTube video surfaced containing audio of a sexual encounter and financial transaction allegedly involving the on-air personality. Though he denies the allegations, Mister Cee (born Calvin LeBrun) told Billboard it was in his and the station’s best interest for him to resign.

"The main reason why I resigned is because there was a video that was released today that kind of implied that I was making a transaction with a transsexual, which is not true, by the way.  If you watch the video, you don’t see my face, you don’t see that person's face. So for me, it was really about stepping down for the sake of the station," Mister Cee said. "It got to the point where my transgressions and my mistakes were affecting the station, whether it was affecting the station’s income, whether it was affecting certain clients that wanted to buy time during my hour and felt like they didn’t want to stand next to the brand because I was on the air at that time. To that point, instead of them telling me, 'We’re gonna have to let you go,' I just felt like the best thing to do was for me to step down because it's obvious that whatever mistakes and transgression I’ve made, whatever’s being put out there is being put out there for the fact that I’m on radio."

 

(to read more go to http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/5687409/hot-97-dj-mister-cee-talks-resignation-my-transgressions-were)

 

 

KEEP IT OLDSKOOL

 

No comments:

Post a Comment